Jean-Philippe Condomines was born in Saint Affrique, France in 1987.
Dr. Jean-Philippe Condomines received in 2015 his Ph.D. in Automatic Control from the Institut Supérieur de l’Aéronautique et de l’Espace (ISAE), in Toulouse, France. During his Ph.D., he proposed a novel approach dealing with nonlinear state estimation, named Invariant Unscented Kalman Filter (IUKF), based on both nonlinear invariant observers and UKF theoretical principles. He is currently an Assistant Professor in Guidance Navigation and Control in the UAV team at the French National Civil Aviation University (ENAC), in Toulouse, France, where he contributes to the development of an open source automatic pilot for the Paparazzi project.
RESEARCH INTERESTS (See here PDF) :
State Estimation and Control for Low-cost UAV :
- Gust Energy Extraction for Mini- and Micro- UAV
- Non-linear control design for in-flight Loss-of-control
- Adaptative control design for fixed-wing UAV with transitioning flight capability
- Nonlinear state estimation (invariant state estimation)
Security issues in UAVs Ad-hoc networks :
- Intrusion Detection Systems (IDS) for drone fleet
- Ad hoc network Dynamic modeling, IDS using robust controller/observer
- Applications of invariant methodology to classification of Air traffic Density
- Experimental validations using flight arena